Bulk Diatomaceous Earth for Sale
A 50 lb bag costs $56 (that’s $1.12/lb!).
You can buy less than 50 lbs, at $2/lb, but there is a 5 lb ($10) minimum purchase.
For less than a 50lb bag, bring your own container.
NOTE: we will gladly ship it, to you, or for pickup, call us, then come on out to Sun City Stables.
We do not accept credit cards, debit cards, or checks: PAYPAL or CASH ONLY.
If you are using a shipping calculator: Our zip code is 33586.
Example: in Florida, a 50 lb bag ships for about $30, by UPS, depending your zip.
Another example: up to 6 lbs will fit in a USPS Priority Mail medium flat rate box ($10.95)
to anywhere in the USA….
total cost to you: $22.95 for 6 lbs.
Parcel Post may be cheaper, again depending on your zip.
For directions click: How to find us.
Diatomite, or Diatomaceous earth (DE) is the remains of microscopic one-celled plants (phytoplankton) called diatoms that lived in the oceans and lakes that once covered the western part of the US.
Just as grass is the staple food of land dwelling animals, diatoms are (and were) an important source of food for fresh water and marine organisms. The microfossil deposits, also known as Amorphous Silica, are mined from ancient dried lake bottoms thousands of years old. Magnified 7000x, diatomaceous earth looks like spiny honeycombs. It is completely safe and non toxic. Milling produces different sized and shaped particles, and diatomaceous earth is used in paints, cosmetics, drugs, chemical insecticides, etc. Filtering and filler are two main uses and it is important not to use the filtering type for agricultural purposes….USE ONLY FOOD GRADE DIATOMACEOUS EARTH.
It has an unlimited shelf life provided you keep it dry.
Horses, Cows, Pigs, Sheep, Goats, Rabbits, Chickens and others will benefit from the use of Diatomaceous Earth.
Some of the benefits that have been observed:*
- Control of fleas and ticks.
- Stimulates basic metabolism
- Helps convert feed better
- Reduces the desire to lick soil
- Diarrhea: it seems to solidify the stool
- Reduces odor and moisture in barns and stalls
- Better coat and hoof condition
- Keeps fly larvae from developing in manure, noticeably reducing the fly population
- Reduces annual vet bills–Decreased Mortality
- Dairy Cattle: Decreased Mastitis. Increased milk production.
- Kills parasites without chemicals.
- Chickens: Better egg production, stronger eggs, and reduces overall animal stress.
- Added to livestock waters, will prevent algae from growing.
When lightly rubbed into their coats or dusted on their premises, it is effective against fleas, ticks, lice, and other pests on pet dogs, cats, rabbits and birds.
It can be used as an organic wormer and will kill any worms or parasites the pets may have. When using as a de-wormer, mix the Diatomaceous Earth into their food as follows:
- Rabbits – 1/2 teaspoon
- Large Cats – 1 teaspoon
- Kittens – 1/4 teaspoon
- Dogs 100 lbs + – 1-2 tablespoons
- Dogs 50 – 100lbs – 1 tablespoon
- Dogs Under 50 lbs – 1 teaspoon
- Mini dogs – 1/2 teaspoon
As pets get older, they also get sore joints. With Diatomaceous Earth in their diet they will feel better. Apply to moist kennel areas to reduce odors, dry the area, and prevent pest breeding. Deodorizing and absorption are natural functions of DE, so add to kitty litter to absorb odors and keep the litter box drier.
INTERNAL PARASITE CONTROL:
Food grade diatomaceous earth makes a very effective natural insecticide. The insecticidal quality of diatomaceous earth is due to the razor sharp edges of the diatom remains. When diatomaceous earth comes in contact with the insects, the sharp edges lacerate the bugs waxy exoskeleton and then the powdery diatomaceous earth absorbs the body fluids causing death from dehydration.
Food grade diatomaceous earth has been used for at least two decades as a natural wormer for livestock. Some believe diatomaceous earth scratches and dehydrates parasites. Some scientists believe that diatomaceous earth is a de-ionizer or de-energizer of worms or parasites. Regardless, people report definite control. To be most effective, food grade diatomaceous earth must be fed long enough to catch all newly hatching eggs or cycling of the worms through the lungs and back to the stomach. A minimum of 60 days is suggested by many, 90 days is advised for lungworms.
Food grade diatomaceous earth works in a purely physical/mechanical manner, not “chemical” and thus has no chemical toxicity. Best yet, parasites don’t build up a tolerance/immunity to its chemical reaction, so rotation of wormers is unnecessary.
Suggested Feeding and Application Rates:
|Beef Cattle||1% of total weight of dry ration 5% in grain or 1oz. per day|
|Dairy Cattle||1% of total weight of dry ration or 1 oz. per day|
|Calves||4 grams in morning milk per calf or 2 oz. per day in feed|
|Chickens||5% in feed, use at full strength in dusting boxes|
|Hogs||2% of total feed ration, dust or spray on bedding and animals|
|Horses||5 ounces (1 cup) in daily feed ration|
|Sheep||1% in ground grains 1 part Diatomaceous Earth to 2 parts T-M salt|
|Goats||1% in grain, 1/2 oz per day, up to 50% in T-M salt|
For large animals, DE may also be offered “free Choice” as long as dispenser is protected from the wind. Your livestock will also get the benefit of over 14 trace minerals that make up Diatomaceous Earth.
These trace minerals include calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, copper, zinc iron, phosphorous, selenium, etc.
People note shinier coats, better overall health, and better production in their animals who are fed food grade diatomaceous earth regularly.
Used daily, DE helps control fly population. Sprinkle DE on livestock when flies are present. Dust barns, coops, after mucking and throw on top of manure/compost piles. Feed it daily to all dogs, cats, fowl, and livestock, so it comes out in the manure of each animal as well and prevents flies from growing in the manures.
Some farmers hang burlap bags full of diatomaceous earth for the cattle to rub against and keep themselves dusted, which eliminates flies and other pests that land on them.
Diatomaceous earth can be put in a backpack sprayer mixed with water to spray your barn, coop, or out-buildings. Reapply DE when rain or water washes or wind blows it away.
NEVER feed any other type of DIATOMACEOUS EARTH to any animal, other than CODEX Food Grade fresh water DIATOMACEOUS EARTH.
Diatomaceous Earth is 84% Silicon Dioxide (Amorphous Silica)
No life without Silica
In 1939, the Nobel Prize winner for chemistry, Professor Adolf Butenant, proved that life can not exist without Silica.
In the 2003 book “Water & Salt” Dr. Barbara Hendel states: “Silica it the most important trace mineral for human health!”
Silica plays an important role in many body functions and has a direct relationship to mineral absorption. The average human body holds approximately seven grams of silica, a quantity far exceeding the figures for other important minerals such as iron.
Benefits of Silica:*
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Lower Cholesterol
- Healthier joints
Osteoporosis is a symptom of the aging process. As calcium in our body system depletes, our bones become brittle and weak. Taking only a calcium supplement can not correct or stop this threatening and crippling disease because the body cannot assimilate and make use of the calcium without the presence of silica. Evidence suggests that, instead of affecting healing, supplemental mineral calcium, on the contrary, accelerates the leaching away of bone calcium and thus hastens the degenerative process of osteoporosis and similar diseases that affect the supportive and connective tissues in the human body.
For osteoporosis, silica can stop the pain and even restore the bodies self repair process. Osteoporosis symptoms attack women primarily after menopause but the degenerative process starts much earlier in their younger days. More women are dying of fractures caused by osteoporosis than of cancer of the breast, cervix, and uterus combined.
Silica is responsible for the depositing of minerals into the bones, especially calcium. It speeds up the healing of fractures and also reduces scarring at the site of a fracture. More and more research evidence shows that through a transmutation process, silica is turned into calcium when it is needed. That is why some scientists refer to silica as a precursor of calcium. Even when calcium is insufficient, the body can turn silica into calcium that the bones need.
Nature’s Internal Cosmetic
In Europe and Asia Diatomaceous Earth is used extensively as a health and beauty product for hair, skin, nails, bones, and joints. They have no FDA.
Tissue degeneration accelerates due to aging when connective tissue develops an increasing inability to retain moisture when left unassisted. Silica can help slow the degenerative process of connective tissue. With silica, vitality and life, which are often lost as the years accumulate, can be naturally maintained or even restored to your skin. Collagen, largely made up of silica, is the glue that holds us together. If our body has enough silica glucosaminoglycane, the collagen will make us look younger. Silica helps with skin problems and injuries including itching, rashes, abscesses, boils, acne, callouses, warts, eczemas, burns, frostbite, benign skin sores, insect bites and bed sores.
If you regularly follow a silica regimen, your skin will keep its young look. A good silica supplementation program works far better than other products for maintaining healthier and longer lasting collagen.
Hair is natures greatest beauty enhancer. Hair deserves to be pampered. Hair at 90 micrograms per gram is almost as rich in silica as are healthy bones, which contain 100 micrograms per gram. Silica is a major component of hair. Using a good silica supplement should be part of your ongoing hair care program for revitalizing hair. Silica helps to prevent baldness, stimulates healthier hair growth and assures beautiful shine, luster and strength.
Stronger Teeth and Gums
By hardening the enamel, silica prevents cavities and preserves teeth. Silica also prevents bleeding gums, gum atrophy, and recession that causes the loosening of teeth, which could ultimately lead to tooth loss. Silica effectively fights ulceration and the decay of bones, teeth and also lessens inflammation.
Your nail plates are complex protein structures that grow four to five millimeters per month on average. With silica supplementation, fragile nails become normal within a short period of time. Silica will beautify the appearance of your nails and improve their hardness, making them shinier and less prone to breaking.
The restorative effects of silica will be most noticeable on your hair, skin, nails and teeth. Our skin and hair require silica essentially for the same purpose as do other tissues. As we know, the supporting collagen underneath the skin enhances elasticity and beauty. Collagen owes that quality to silica, which provides a beautiful complexion that is more than skin deep.
- Silica lowers bad cholesterol and raises good
- Silica fades age spots
- Silica stimulates metabolism for higher energy levels
- Diatomaceous earth has a negative charge and bacteria has a positive charge. It is believed that diatomaceous earth sweeps bacteria out of the body by trapping it in it’s honeycomb shaped skeletal form.
- Silica supplementation helps repair and maintain vital lung tissues and protects them from pollution. By maintaining or restoring the elasticity of lung tissues, silica reduces inflammation in bronchitis.
- It acts as a cough decreasing agent. Silica tones the upper respiratory tract (nose, pharynx, larynx) and reduces swelling because of its positive action on the lymphatic system.
- Silica supplementation keeps menopause free of stress and helps to prevent many unwanted side-effects of menopause
- Cancer can not survive in cells that have the correct levels of Silica.
- Silica works with other antioxidants to prevent premature aging and to preserve youthfulness.
- Silica can help prevent kidney stones and heal infections of the urinary tract. It is a natural diuretic which can increase excretion of urine by 30 percent, thus flushing the water-excreting system and restoring normal function to these vital organs.
- The presence of sufficient silica in the intestines will reduce inflammation of the intestinal tract. It can cause disinfection in the case of stomach and intestinal mucus and ulcers. Silica can prevent or clear up diarrhea and its opposite, constipation.
- Silica will help normalize hemorrhoidal tissues.
- In regulating and normalizing the bowels, silica has a pleasant side effect; it can alleviate lower back pain, which often troubles the elderly.
- Silica proves effective with female discharge, abscesses and ulcers in the genital area and cervix, as well as mastitis (especially for breast feeding mothers).
- The intake of silica acts as a supportive treatment for inflammation of the middle ear. Because of the beneficial effectiveness on the lymphatic system, silica can be used for swelling of the lymph nodes in the throat.
- Has anti-inflammatory disinfecting, absorbing and odor binding effects.
- Silica can normalize circulation and regulate high blood pressure (hypertension).
- Silica can decrease vertigo, headache, tinnitus (buzzing of the ears) and insomnia.
- Silica can help diabetes by promoting synthesis of elastase inhibitor by the pancreas.
- Silica can help arterial disease by strengthening the blood vessels. Studies confirm that with age, silica disappears from the aorta, the heart’s key blood vessel thus weakening its critical connective tissue and resulting in a greater cardiac risk.
- Silica can help prevent Tuberculosis.
- By improving the elasticity of the joints, silica helps rheumatism.
- Silica has inhibitory effects on coronary diseases.
- Silica can help avoiding or alleviating Alzheimers disease by preventing the body from absorbing aluminum and may flush out aluminum from the tissues.
- Silica can stimulate the immune system.
Daily silica needs of humans are 20-30 mg. In Years past, our bodies would get enough silica from our diet. Unfortunately, many of the foods we now eat have lost their nutritional value due to soil nutrient depletion, food processing, and chemicals. Supplemental use of Diatomaceous Earth is essential to total body health.
Take 1 heaping tablespoon per day. Mix it with grapefruit juice, water, soda pop, juice, or even protein shakes, applesauce or yogurt. Since it will not dissolve, stirring several times while drinking will prevent settling. You may experience higher energy levels, so it is probably better not to take it at bedtime. No worries about getting too much–any excess silica not needed by the body is automatically eliminated through the blood stream, kidneys and intestines.
OTHER DIATOMACEOUS EARTH BENEFITS COLON CLEANSER:
There are some features about food grade diatomaceous earth that correspond with its ability as both a digestive aid and a colon cleanser. The honeycomb skeletal form of diatomaceous earth is found, under microscopic evaluation to reveal a tendency to become filled and clogged with hard debris such as intestinal scale. Food grade diatomaceous earth has not been found to cause any insult to the mucosa or barrier wall.
Food grade diatomaceous earth has been reported in scientific literature to absorb methyl mercury, e-coli, endotoxins, viruses (including polio virus), organophosphate pesticide residues, drug resides, and protein, perhaps even the proteinaceous toxins produced by some intestinal infections. Food grade diatomaceous earth detoxes.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The statements are for informational purposes only.
Any food grade diatomaceous earth uses other than those approved by the EPA, FDA, or USDA are strictly reports of what hundreds of users as well as we ourselves have done with diatomaceous earth.